Highly suitable material for exterior cladding due to its dimensional stability, weather resistance, durability, and beautiful appearance.
Key Features & Benefits
- Dimensionally stable
- Highly durable
- Expected service life of 30 years in exterior and decking applications
- Thermally modified without chemicals
- Suitable for all climates
- Chain-of-custody certification provides independent verification that the material originates from sustainably managed Nordic forests
- PEFC forest management certification ensures forests are managed in line with environmental, social, and economic requirements
- Only 75% of the annual growth is harvested; when one tree is cut, four new trees are seeded
Beauty in Imperfection
Naturally Weathered Lunawood
Thermal modification gives unfinished Lunawood a distinctive, caramel brown color. Over time, unfinished Lunawood will gradually develop a silver gray appearance with variation depending on UV exposure. This natural weathering can take years and has no affect on the durability and stability of the wood.
Situated alongside a pond, this house uses unfinished Lunawood, clad vertically—a design decision inspired by the reeds at the pond’s edge.
The exterior of the home will weather slightly over time, showing the passage of time and linking the architecture to the natural elements that surround it.